Good evening, 919 Gang. Remember the Wild Animal Park? It
has a new name, but that hasn’t diminished the park’s appeal. I had occasion to
check out the web site today, and I was really impressed. Lots of videos and a
selection of live cams.
-----------------------------------------------------
LEN NOVARRO writes:
Veterans
and retired military can obtain a pass allowing them free access to all
National Park sites -- with proper identification, such as membership in a
veterans organization, V.A. card, etc.
REBER: I led off praising one web site. I
certainly can’t applaud the web sites which talk about National Park passes. I
put in some time, but I could not find a site which verified Len’s report. I’m
not doubting Len, I’m just saying some people don’t know how to organize their
information and make it easy to find.
For instance, one site says
permanently disabled people can get free lifetime passes and veterans with a
service-connected disability can get lifetime passes.
I also read that free annual passes
are available for current U.S. military members and their dependents,
fourth-grade students and people who log 250 volunteer hours (presumably at a
national park, although it doesn’t spell that out).
I saw one web site which says there is
no pass for veterans.
---------------------------------------------------------
DAVID FARMER writes:
Daft definition of Hindi word--papadum: a stupid father.
P.O. Box 2239
Ramona, CA 92065
U.S.A.